- JMicron 355 / FW800 (1394B) / FW400(1394A) and JMicron 567 3.0 (2.0/1.1 Backwards compatible)
RAID / JBOD Support
- eSATA (SATA-II)
- FireWire 800 (1394B) (FireWire 400 Backwards compatible)
- USB 3.0 (2.0 Backwards compatible)
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 10
- NRAID Span
Solutions are pre-configured as RAID 5 for optimum speed, protection & capacity
Not Recommended Drives
- JBOD/Independent Drives: each drive operating as a separate volume.
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 series – all models, particularly the 1.5TB 7200RPM model p/n ST31500341AS due to stability and performance concerns.
- Western Digital Green drives – all models, due to potential critical operational issues attributed to the IntelliPower technology providing inconsistent variable transfer rates.
- Advanced Format drives – all models, advanced format drives 4Kn are not compatible due to stability and performance concerns.
Note: Regardless of drive model used, OWC recommends all drives used in RAID configurations match exactly for proper RAID operation.Port Configuration
Max Data Transfer Rate
- eSATA – 1 eSATA port
- FireWire 800 – (2) 9 pin ports
- USB 3.0 – (1) 9 pin mini B port